As feng shui is all about good energy (sheng chi), it is important to know how to keep your feng shui cures active and full of energy. Of course, it goes without saying that you also have to keep your home’s energy (or office) fresh and clean, too! It is important to cleanse feng shui cures. This is what you need to know all about before cleansing them.
Feng shui cures can include objects that hold meaning for you personally (such as photos or gifts from loved ones), mirrors that circulate energy, crystals that activate energy, and more. It is advised to do regular space clearing sessions with any space, be it weekly, monthly, or whenever you experience negative events in your home. How do you know how often to clear and energize your feng shui cures, though? And how do you actually clear and energize a feng shui cure?
Three Important Factors To Consider
Before cleansing your feng shui cures, keep these basic guidelines in mind:
- In the case of annual feng shui cures, you should always cleanse and energize them before reusing them next year. This applies only to high-quality materials, as those made with low-quality materials are better off discarded after a year and replaced with a new cure.
- Also, cleanse and energize a feng shui cure before using it for the first time.
- If you feel like your feng shui cure has lost its energy or has accumulated a lot of negativity, it is always a good idea to clear it as soon as you feel it needs cleansing.
How To Cleanse Your Feng Shui Cures
Start with the obvious cleansing of your feng shui cure’s physical surface, such as removing dust, polishing, etc.
Next, clear your feng shui cure on an energy level; here, you can experiment in several different ways.
You can choose one (or all) of the methods below:
- Leave your cure in the moonlight or sunlight (depending on the energy it most needs — yin or yang.) Alternatively, use the moon or sun energy to charge water to cleanse your cure. Leave a container with water under the moonlight and/or sunlight for at least 24 hours (72 hours is best), and then use this water to clear the energy of your feng shui cure.
- Smudging around your cure with sage or good quality incense then leaving it on a candlelit home altar for at least 6–9 hours will also purify its energy.
- Salt is known for its purifying properties, so you can use salt in cleaning your feng shui cures, but only if or when appropriate, of course! By the same token, you can make saltwater and use it for cleaning the surface of your cure.
Specific Methods for Various Feng Shui Cures
Because there is such a wide variety of feng shui cures, there will also be various ways to clear their energy. Here are some examples to make it easier for you.
Feng shui cures made from crystals and stones.
Actual crystals or statues/items made from stone: Use all of the methods above: sun, moon, sage, or incense, and candles or salt. You can also bury your crystal or items made from crystals in salt for three days for a deep cleansing effect.
Feng shui cures are made of brass, iron, silver, etc.
Various statues and items such as Chinese coins, wind chimes, etc.: The best methods are sun or moon water, as well as sage or incense and candles/fire energy.
Alive feng shui cures such as plants and fish in aquariums
These will benefit from the sage and incense (space clearing techniques) and move them to a new location for at least several days to refresh their energy.
Feng shui cures that are part of your home or office decor
Such as tall lights, specific feng shui art, wooden sculptures, etc.: The space-clearing steps (smudging and incense) are the best, as well as moving them temporarily to a new location.
The three-day period is the typical time one would use to allow for the cleansing of a feng shui cure, but you can also use the seven-day period if needed. Another detail to consider is the moon cycle. Cleansing is best done when the moon is waning (the time between the full and the new moon). As for the time of day, please start the process of cleansing your feng shui cures when the energy of the day is at its highest peak (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.). Never start the cleansing process at night.