Once you know where your feng shui money area is located, it makes sense to create good feng shui energy in it. After all, feng shui is all about creating a space — be it at home or the office — to improve all areas of your life, and you would not want to leave out the money area.
So, let’s see what it means, in practical decorating terms, to create good feng shui in your money area. When your feng shui money area has the right energy, your house (or office /business) can attract and hold the energy of wealth and money. This will definitely reflect in your life, so do your best to apply the tips that follow.
Feng Shui Decor Tips
The feng shui element of your wealth & money area is Wood, and you know that Wood is strengthened by Water (which nourishes the Wood) and by Earth (which gives the Wood a firm foundation to grow).
This is all based on the interplay of 5 feng shui elements, one of the basic feng shui. (It is also just plain common sense if you visualize the feng shui elements as specific items in the world around you!) For good feng shui, you want to decorate the money area in your home or office to express these elements.
So, here are 8 specific steps to help you bring the Wood, Water, and Earth feng shui elements into your Money area home or office decor.
01. Healthy, lush green plants
- A money plant
- A feng shui lucky bamboo
- An air-purifying plant
Or any other vibrant plant that will thrive in the lighting conditions of the area.
02. A water feature, a mirror or an image of water.
You can bring an actual fountain to the area, which will be great feng shui! Mirrors are an excellent feng shui money cure, too. You can also display images with water such as a beautiful waterfall, a lake, a river or an ocean. Make sure the water is clean and flowing (versus muddy and stagnant).
03. Emphasize specific shapes in your money area decor.
Each feng shui element is expressed in specific shapes so that you can bring the desired energy with shapes such as:
- Rectangular (Wood element)
- Square (Earth element)
- Wavy (Water element)
Be it in the shape of picture frames, fabric patterns or wallpaper design. These shapes will bring the right energy to your Money area.
04. Images of forests, parks or vibrant green leaves, trees, grass, etc., will bring the feng shui energy of the Wood element. You can also bring natural landscapes with interesting land formations – from sandy beaches to mountains and canyons (to represent the Earth element).
05. Choose the best feng shui colours to decorate your money area (be it with the wall colour, fabrics or decor details). You have a variety of colour choices, such as:
- Earthy/Light Yellow
You can also bring a splash of red to activate the area (or its energy variations such as coral orange, magenta, purple or pink). Be sure, though, that this is just a colour splash and not the main colour decor for your feng shui Money area.
06. Decorate with images that represent the energy of wealth and abundance.
You can choose from any modern (and personal) representation of wealth, such as, for example, people enjoying a vacation on a luxurious yacht or a colourful and abundantly rich table set for a big party, etc. Maybe images of actual gold nuggets will speak to you more, or a big waterfront house. Find what really sparks that wealth of energy in you because this is different for everyone.
07. Consider some classical Chinese feng shui cures for wealth.
Just be sure that you genuinely like them, and they work with your home decor. Here is a list of the most popular traditional feng shui cures for wealth:
- Feng shui aquarium (or representation of specific fish)
- Chinese coins
- Wealth vase
- Abundance ship
- Laughing Buddha
- Citrine or Pyrite crystals
08. Always keep the energy fresh and vibrant by using pleasant scents and aromas, fresh flowers and a few candles. There are many ways to make your house smell good, explore and see what works best for you. Having the area well lit and playing music, there are excellent activators of good energy from time to time. Of course, it goes without saying that your money area has to be clean and clutter-free.
There you have it, the 8 main feng shui tips to bring great energy to your wealth & money area!