I bet your mood just got lifted up having seen the expression of pure joy and happiness on the faces of the six Laughing Buddhas. That’s exactly what the Laughing Buddhas do, to bring joy and happiness wherever they appear! Each Laughing Buddha is depicted in different posture carrying various good fortune symbols such as the Wu Lou for longevity and Gold Ingot for wealth. They are just simply irresistible, don’t they? For best results, place them all together at one place to bring all round good luck. Alternatively, you can also display them separately be it in your car’s dashboard, office cabinet, study desk, bedroom, wealth vase etc. The Laughing Buddha will not disappoint.
Laughing Buddha as gift makes giving as pleasurable as receiving. You can make them into six small gifts for your dinner guests, or one special gift to that special person.
What the Laughing Buddha symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui
Laughing Buddha is also known as Buddha of Happiness or Matreiya in Buddhism. Legend has it that nothing would make this Buddha happier to see people’s problem, worries and sadness transform into happiness. It is said that his inner smile is so strong that it radiates throughout his entire face. He brings happiness wherever he goes. The Laughing Buddha is a well known symbol of wealth, happiness, innocent and contended joy; just looking at his jolly face will cheer you up. It is believed by rubbing his belly, which is said to contain much wealth, it will bring good luck and prosperity to all in the home and the bigger his round tummy, the more auspicious the image. This wonderfully jolly deity is one of the most beloved of Buddha images he can be seen in almost every Chinese households and restaurants throughout the world. The Laughing Buddha is also known as the Buddha of Wealth, usually depicted carrying wealth symbols such as pots of gold, large ingots and a sack believed to contain treasures. He sometimes carry a “wu lou” (gourd), a symbol of good health and longevity.
The All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha can practically be placed in any part of the home or office except in the toilet areas and kitchen. Here is how you can use the All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
1. A good place to put the All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha is in the living room, preferably facing the front door to harness good fortune while staving off bad luck, to bring in harmony and take away quarrellings, to absorb negative Ch’i and emanate auspicious energies.
2. Display the All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha on the dashboard of your car. They will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.
3. The All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha may also be placed on the study desk to take away pressure and stress, as well as to assist the student towards fulfilling academic goals.
4. Place the All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha in your office table or reception’s area of your shop to bring wealth luck and harmony as well as to prevent backstabbing.
5. The All-Round Good Luck Laughing Buddha is an excellent antidote for Three Killings which brings sickness, financial loss and accidents.