This fabulous amulet features the sacred TAM syllable surrounded by the Green Tara Mantra of OM TARE TUTARRE TURE SOHA, all set in glorious gold against a star-shaped halo of dazzling clear crystals. Simply stunning and exquisite, the Green Tara Mantra with Tam Syllable Amulet is indeed a feast for the eyes.
The Mother Goddess Tara, probably the most popular deity in the Tibetan pantheon, is the embodiment of all the Buddha’s miraculous enlightened activities, transcending times past, present, and future. Described as the Swift Liberator, she is famed for her speed in answering calls for help. With the swiftness of lightning, she assists in overcoming day-to-day problems, recover from illnesses, and can even save you from untimely death. She also brings success in business and careers. As a mother, she is the ultimate solace for all who seek comfort, help, and solutions to their problems. The path to enlightenment becomes so much smoother when we call on her blessings to guide us along the way.
TAM, the Tibetan seed syllable of Tara which represents her essence is the sound and form out of which the Goddess arises into the world of phenomena. OM TARE TUTARRE TURE SOHA, the mantra of Green Tara, is almost as popular as the six-syllable Om Mani Padme Hum of Avalokiteshvara. Chanting or meditating with her mantra and syllable will invoke her blessings and liberate one of all fears, remove obstacles, and facilitate good intentions for the world in general.
The meaning of the Tara mantra is greater than the words can express as words can only point rather vaguely in the direction of the meaning. A traditional explanation of the mantra is that it uses variations of the name Tara to represent three progressive stages of deliverance or salvation.
- Om is the cosmic sound that keeps our universe together.
- Tare represents deliverance from mundane suffering, liberation from the sufferings of samara.
- Tutare represents deliverance into the spiritual path conceived in terms of individual salvation, liberation from fear, external dangers, and internal delusions.
- Ture represents the culmination of the spiritual path in terms of deliverance into the altruistic path of universal salvation, the Bodhisattva path, the end of suffering, liberation from ignorance.
- Soha means “may the meaning of the mantra take root in my mind”.
Besides being an elegant accessory, the Green Tara Mantra with Tam Syllable Amulet brings you all the bountiful blessings associated with the Goddess Tara for a more enlightened and enhanced life. Dangle it on the rearview mirror of your car or clip it onto your bag so that your personal ‘guardian angel’ is always there with you, to protect you from harm, misfortune and bring you good luck. Carry it with you at all times for peace of mind and prepare to welcome greater blessings, love, wisdom, and healing into your life.