This is a beautiful depiction of the Laughing Buddha holding a Ruyi for authority sitting on a Lotus flower. Regarded as a good fortune flower by many Feng Shui masters, the lotus flower is said to turn bad luck into good luck and heighten your sense of joy and peace. Coupled with the Laughing Buddha as the ultimate symbol of Happiness, The Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus will bring harmony and good relationships to the family.
What the Laughing Buddha symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui:
Laughing Buddha is also known as Buddha of Happiness or Matreiya in Buddhism. Legend has it that nothing would make this Buddha happier to see people’s problems, worries and sadness transform into happiness. It is said that his inner smile is so strong that it radiates throughout his entire face. He brings happiness wherever he goes. The Laughing Buddha is a well-known symbol of wealth, happiness, innocent, and contended joy; just looking at his jolly face will cheer you up. It is believed by rubbing his belly, which is said to contain much wealth, will bring good luck and prosperity to all in the home, and the bigger his round tummy, the more auspicious the image. This wonderfully jolly deity is one of the most beloved Buddha images he can be seen in almost every Chinese household and restaurant throughout the world. The Laughing Buddha is also known as the Buddha of Wealth, usually depicted carrying wealth symbols such as pots of gold, large ingots, and a sack believed to contain treasures. He sometimes carries a “Wulou” (gourd), a symbol of good health and longevity.
The Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus can practically be placed in any part of the home or office except in the toilet areas and kitchen. Here is how you can use the Laughing Buddha to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
1. A good place to put the Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus is in the living room, preferably facing the front door to harness good fortune while staving off bad luck, to bring in harmony and take away quarrellings, to absorb negative Ch’i and emanate auspicious energies.
2. Display a small image of the Laughing Buddha on the dashboard of your car. He will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.
3. The Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus may also be placed on the study desk to take away pressure and stress, as well as to assist the student towards fulfilling academic goals.
4. Place the Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus in your office table or reception area of your shop to bring wealth luck and harmony as well as to prevent backstabbing.
5. The Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus is an excellent antidote for Three Killings which brings sickness, financial loss, and accidents.
6. In Flying Star Feng Shui, the Laughing Buddha with Ruyi on Lotus made from metal (brass, bronze, etc) can be used to ward off the evil influences of the malignant #5 yellow star and #2 black star. The #2 black star is also known as the ‘Sickness Star’ which brings illnesses and ailments to occupants while the #5 yellow star is the ‘Disaster Star’ that instigates fights, accidents, and death. Placing the Laughing Buddha in the affected sectors will dilute these adverse energies.