What the Dragon Symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui:
The mighty and magnificent Dragon of mythical folklore never ceases to enchant or stir the imagination. The Dragon is one of the four celestial animals and is an important and powerful symbol in Feng Shui. The Dragon represents the ultimate ‘Yang’ symbol, male vigor, courage, and bravery. It is magnanimous and full of vitality and strength. Affiliated with the cardinal direction “East” based on Landscape Feng Shui, the Dragon becomes a very powerful and potent symbol when placed in this sector although it can be placed in any other direction.
In Chinese culture and Feng Shui, the dragon is the most auspicious and magnificent, mightiest, and most sacred of all creatures and to be treated with great respect. Through generations, the dragon has been the ultimate symbol of power, abundance, good luck, and honor. In ancient times, the Emperors of China regarded themselves as Dragons and the symbol of Dragons can only be used by them and no one else.
The Dragon is said to create the precious cosmic Chi or known as the ‘Sheng Chi’ which brings good fortunes into our homes and workplaces, making it an all-rounder bringer of good luck. The Dragons are a powerful cure and enhancer for business luck, bring foresight and wisdom for the elderly, bring honor to the family, protect the wearer, and paves the way for more accolades in coming years.
In Chinese Astrology, the Dragon is the fifth sign of the Chinese Zodiac and its intrinsic element is earth. The compass direction of the Dragon is 97.5 degrees to 127.5 degrees. Its allies are the Rat and the Monkey. The Rooster is its secret friend.
In Feng Shui, Dragons can be placed in many areas of the home or office to guard, protect, bring strength and fortune, and activate masculine energy. Here is how you can use the Dragon to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
1. For people born in the year of Dragon, place the Dragon figurine on your work or study desk, in the sector between 97.5 degrees to 127.5 degrees of your house, or in the Rat or the Monkey sector (allies of Dragon) to energize your personal good wealth luck. It is also believed that placing the Dragon figurines in your home or workplace will strengthen and enhance all the good traits and characteristics it represents in family members born in the year of Dragon.
2. Place the Dragon figurine in the Southeast sector of your home for good wealth luck. Fortune will be shining down on you.
3. Place the Dragon figurine near your water features like aquarium or fountains for those craving for good fortune, advancement in their career, or seeking fame and recognition. You will experience new opportunities and better luck. The Dragon figurine is especially potent in this sector because its Wood element matches.
4. Place the Dragon figurine in the South sector to enhance your fame and recognition luck.
5. For career luck and those seeking continuous achievement, place the Dragon figurine on the table, cabinet, or in the East sector of your office or study. Your professional luck will look rosy. The Dragon figurine is especially potent in this sector because its element is wood.
The Dragon figurine makes an excellent gift for that special career person in your life. Perfect for ambitious, result-orientated executives.