The Laughing Buddha is a common figure in homes of both Japan and China as a deliverer of good luck, contentment, and prosperity. He brings happiness to others through his appearance. This is a beautiful representation of the Laughing Buddha made with resin. Depicted with an infectious smile and carrying a big sack tied to his staff which is said to contain an unlimited supply of wealth, this Laughing Buddha signifies continuous good fortune and abundance. He is also shown with a Wulou for longevity.
What the Laughing Buddha symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui:
Laughing Buddha is also known as Buddha of Happiness or Matreiya in Buddhism, or Hotei in Japan. Legend has it that nothing would make this Buddha happier to see people’s problem, worries and sadness transform into happiness. It is said that his inner smile is so strong that it radiates throughout his entire face. He brings happiness wherever he goes. The Laughing Buddha is a well-known symbol of wealth, happiness, innocent, and contended joy; just looking at his jolly face will cheer you up. It is believed by rubbing his belly, which is said to contain much wealth, will bring good luck and prosperity to all in the home and the bigger his round tummy, the more auspicious the image. This wonderfully jolly deity is one of the most beloved Buddha images he can be seen in almost every Chinese households and restaurants throughout the world. The Laughing Buddha is also known as the Buddha of Wealth, usually depicted carrying wealth symbols such as pots of gold, large ingots and a sack believed to contain treasures. He sometimes carries a “Wulou” (gourd), a symbol of good health and longevity.
The Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe can practically be placed in any part of the home or office except in the toilet areas and kitchen. Here is how you can use the Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
1. A good place to put the Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe is in the living room, preferably facing the front door to harness good fortune while staving off bad luck, to bring in harmony and take away quarrellings, to absorb negative Ch’i and emanate auspicious energies.
2. Display the Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe on the dashboard of your car. He will pick up your problems, stuff them into his sack and transform them into happiness. That will take the load off your mind so that you can focus on driving, and reach your destination safe and sound.
3. The Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe may also be placed on the study desk to take away pressure and stress, as well as to assist the student in fulfilling academic goals.
4. Place the Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe in your office table or reception’s area of your shop to bring wealth luck and harmony as well as to prevent backstabbing.
5. The Travelling Laughing Buddha in Red Robe is an excellent antidote for quarrelsome star #3.