There’s a lot you can understand about this stone by looking at its visual aspects. A tumbled piece of moonstone looks like a big moon in the night sky. Color and light shift with the iridescence, and there is fluid and watery movement to the stone. The appearance is also soft and milky, like mother’s milk.
What Is a Moonstone?
Moonstone is a natural crystal mineral that is thought to harvest the moon’s energy, which embodies yin’s passive and relaxing energy. Similarly, this stone promotes healing and balance and enhances your intuition.
- Colors: Opalescent, milky whites with variants of blue, gray, pink, or green
- Chakra: Soma, Third eye, Solar plexus
- Number: Vibrates to 4
- Planet: Moon
- Zodiac: Rabbit, Cancer, Libra, and Scorpio
- Bagua areas: Relationships (Kun), Completion/Children (Dui)
- Elements: Water, Metal, Earth
- Origin: Sri Lanka, India, and Australia
The moon, in feng shui and many other spiritual traditions, represents the divine feminine. Women’s fertility cycles connect with the waxing and waning of the moon. The moonstone meaning is known for balancing hormonal and reproductive issues as well as emotions.
As the moon cycles connect us to nature, the moonstone also reminds us that our lives also ebb and flow. Moonstone cultivates compassion and empathy. It helps us to tap into our intuition and enhances psychic abilities and clairvoyance.
The moonstone activates the creative and intuitive power of feminine energy. It can help us balance and cool down emotions and stress. It can also put us in tune with our feminine and feeling side. Moonstone energy is yin, introspective, receptive, and connected to our subconscious.
The serene and tranquil energy of the moonstone also invites creativity, healing, and motherly protection. It also acts as a mirror so we can clearly see our reflection.
Feng Shui Applications
Here are some ways to use moonstone in your home’s feng shui. You can also carry the stone around with you as a tumbled piece in your pocket or as jewelry.
- Place moonstone near the bed or under the abdomen (underneath the mattress) to improve difficult reproductive, hormonal, and fertility issues.
- A piece of moonstone near the bed or under the heart (underneath the mattress) balances or increases feminine emotions and invites receptivity.
- Find the Bagua position for Relationships (Kun) in the bedroom. Locate a piece of moonstone here for balance, insight, healing, and self-care.
- Using the Bagua, place moonstone in the Health area (center, Tai Qi) or Kun area of your entire home to enhance balance, healing, and reduce stress.
- Moonstone in the office or workspace activates creativity in our careers.
Cleansing and Charging Crystals
It’s a good idea to regularly clean and charge your crystals, as you would any other objects in your home.
For moonstone, we recommend charging this crystal under the moonlight. It’s especially effective to charge moonstone on the full moon or new moon.
There are many ways to cleanse a crystal. Here are some recommendations:
- Soak the crystal in water with sea salt at least overnight. Use approximately 3 tablespoons of salt for every cup of water.
- Visualize white moonlight surrounding the crystal, with the intention that the moonstone will be cleared of any negative energy.
- Smudge the moonstone with sage, palo santo, or other smudge stick.