This really is a lovely and beautiful piece. Made from metal with fine finishing of golden paint, this Wulou pendant has a Chinese character for Buddha on the outside and a carved image of the Kuan Yin God of Mercy hidden in it which can be revealed by gently pulling it out from the bottom of the gourd.
Wear the Wu Lou Pendant to ensure good health and good luck is always by your side. You can also hang it in your car to absorb negative Chi and prevent bad things and harm from happening to you.
What the Wu Lou symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui:
Another symbol of longevity that also brings an abundance of divine blessings that can be found in many Chinese homes today is the Wu Lou. The Wu Lou or the bottle gourd or the “calabash” is a powerful traditional symbol of longevity, good health, prosperity, and an abundance of blessings.
The shape of a Wu Lou is believed to be a representation of Heaven and Earth united in miniature. Displaying a Wu Lou in and around the home is a good thing to have to enhance one’s Feng Shui. Many deities like Sau Sing Kung from the Fuk Luk Sau and Li T’ieh Kuai from the 8 Immortals, and sometimes the Laughing Buddha carry this wonderful item with them.
The authentic Wu Lou is made of the gourd fruit plucked from trees, the flesh inside carefully removed and then dried. In ancient times, the Wu Lou is used to store water or potions used during traveling and expeditions. Because of Wu Lou’s role in keeping the travelers alive, it was given the name the “giver of life” and hence became a symbol of good health. The Wu Lou is also believed to contain the elixir of health, vitality, and immortality. In Chinese mythology, the Wu Lou is often used by Taoist monks and deities to suck and bottle up evil spirits into it, preventing them from doing harm. Hence the Wu Lou is a powerful Feng Shui cure to absorb negative chi of its surroundings.
You can use as many Wu Lous as you like in your home to ward off bad chi and promote good fortune. Here is how you can use this fabulous enhancer to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
1. For Flying Star Feng Shui enthusiasts, the Wu Lou made from metal is an excellent cure to ward-off the evil influences of #2 black star in your home and office, especially if your bedroom or main door is in this location. The #2 black star is also known as the ‘Sickness Star’ which brings illnesses, diseases, ailments, and fatal health problems to occupants. Placing a metal Wu Lou in the affected sectors will dissipate these illness energies.
2. Place the Wu Lou beside your bed to improve your health luck and ward off illness energies, hence preventing you from any health problems. It can also be placed beside the bed of someone who is ill to speed up recovery. For better results, hang/position two of these on both sides of the bed.
3. Place the Wu Lou in the Tien Yi or Health corner in the bedroom based on your KUA number (8 Mansions Formula) to enhance your personal health luck. This offer better healing benefits if applied to the person who is often troubled by chronic ailments and constantly in poor health conditions.
4. Place the Wu Lou in the East sector of your living room to benefit the general good health of the entire family. The East sector is the universal Health luck corner based on the Pakua Aspirations Trigram Theory.
5. Place the Wu Lou on your work desk in your office or hang one in your car to absorb negative Chi and prevent bad things and harm from happening to you.
The Wu Lou makes an excellent gift for elderly people during their birthdays or to someone who is constantly ill.